If possible, use the secure EOU Wi-Fi network instead of the EOU-Guest Wi-Fi network.
You may need to connect to the EOU-Guest Wi-Fi network in the following scenarios:
- You are a visitor to campus and do not hold an active Mountie Pass account
- Your device does not support WPA2 Enterprise security which is required by the EOU Wi-Fi network (most entertainment devices do not support WPA2 Enterprise: gaming console, smart TVs, set-top media players, many wireless printers, etc)
Before connecting, determine whether your device needs to be registered and, if necessary, register it.
If your device does not need to be registered, you can follow these steps to connect:
- Connect to the EOU-Guest network as you would any other open Wi-Fi network
- You should be presented with a login page. If you do not see the login page, visit http://net-login.eou.edu
- If you have a Mountie Pass, you can log into the page after filling in the form
- If you do not have a Mountie Pass, you can register for a 24-hour guest pass and log into the page after receiving your guest pass information via email or SMS