Certain devices must be registered before they are allowed to connect to the EOU-Guest Wi-Fi network as well as certain wired network jacks throughout campus.
Preparation and Required Device Information
Certain information, specific to each device, is required for registration:
- required: Find and record your device’s Wired and/or Wi-Fi MAC address.
- Each MAC address you register is considered a separate “device” by the network
- optional: Choose a descriptive, friendly, and easily readable name for your device.
xbox - Wi-Fi
ps4 - wired
- optional: Decide whether your device will need to be shared via AirGroup.
- optional: Decide whether you will share the device with others or not.
- optional: Decide whether your device will be used for online gaming or not.
While not a requirement, it is strongly recommended that the device be disconnected from the network (disable Wi-Fi or physically unplugged from the jack) or powered off for 5-10 minutes before registration. This ensures that the network will allow the device to fully connect after registration.
In order to register a device, you will need to log into the EOU Device Management Portal with your Mountie Pass. Note: The Device Management Portal is not available from Off-Campus.
Once Logged in, you can either register a new device or manage a previously registered device .
Register a New Device
- Click “Create Device”
- Fill in the form with the information you gathered for this device
- Click “Create Device” to submit the form
- If the submission was successful, you will see a “New Device Receipt” summary
- If the submission failed, check the form for errors and try again
- Repeat for each additional device you wish to register